- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library
- Readers are not allowed to bring their personal books or any printed material (spiral/bound book/photocopied material) inside the Library.
- Personal belongings like bags (laptop, shoulder, and sling), umbrellas, etc. should be deposited at the Property Counter. These are not allowed inside the Library. Readers are advised not to leave their valuable items like mobile, money, etc. at the Property Counter. The library shall not be responsible for any loss or damage of the personal belongings of the users.
- Readers should not talk or discuss as they may disturb other readers. Reading halls are meant for individual study and research only.
- Using Mobile phonesand audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- Newspaper should be folded properly after reading and kept back in the designated place.
- Readers should not deface, mark, cut, mutilate or damage library resources in any way. If anyone is found doing so, he will be charged the full replacement cost of the resource.
- Photocopying facilities are available at the Library (charge per page is Rs.1.00/-).
- No photograph or video of the Library shall be taken without the prior permission of the Librarian.
- Only CMS College Students, Researchers, Faculty and Staff as registered members are allowed to use the Collins Library.
- Users are not allowed to carry eatables/drinks inside the Library premises.
- Under graduate students can borrow 3 books and post graduate students can borrow 7 books at a time. Memebers of the teaching staff can borrow 10 books and guest lecturers and non-teaching staff can borrow 3 books at a time
- Each book is issued for a period of 14 days .Books which are not in demand can be renewed. Delay in returning a book after the due date will entail a fine of one rupee per day.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Students can reserve books at the Circulation Counter in case they are already issued. Books in reservation may not be renewed. A book so reserved should be taken by the applicant within two days after it becomes available. The reservation will stand cancelled if the facility is not availed in time.
- All the students who want to return the books issued on their names are advised to wait until the books are shown as cancelled against their names.
- Books removed from the shelves, if not required further, should be kept on the book trolley/ table nearest to them. Please do not try to shelve them yourself. Please remember that a book misplaced is a book lost.
- Students, faculty, non-teaching staff going on long leaves, study leave will have to return all borrowed material before leaving the college.
- Students are advised not to issue Books to others on your name.
- When Books are issued, students should check the pages of the issued books and if pages are found missing, they should report the same to the Librarian before leaving the Counter. On returning the books, if pages are found missing, then the last borrower of the book shall be held accountable for the missing pages and shall accordingly be fined.
- Marking library books with pencil or ink, tearing the pages or spoiling the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case, the last reader will be held responsible unless he shows the Librarian at the time of issue that the book had been previously marked or damaged. In the event of damage of any kind, the last reader will be liable to compensate for damage. Books will have to be replaced.
- If one book is damaged or lost by a member he/she must replace it by a new copy of the same edition. If such a copy is not available, rules of Kerala higher education department is applicable.
- Every member who has to pay dues to the Library shall pay the same to the college office and produce the receipt before the Librarian.
- The material such as reference books, thesis, dissertations, periodicals etc. marked for consultation shall not be issued.
- All final year students should return their library book and obtain “NO DUE CERTIFICATE” from the library for getting Hall ticket. Similarly the staff members who intend to leave the college should settle all the dues and obtain “NO DUE CERTIFICATE” from the library.
- Consultation facility is available for students, Research Scholars of other colleges/Universities/Institutions for a short period.
- The students/ Research Scholars should bring recommendation letter from Principal/Supervisor/Guide or letter from the concerned Department/Organization.
- The visiting scholar should bring original and valid photo ID / Passport (Foreign Scholars), and University issued ID (Indian Scholars).
Use of computers:
- Computer in the library premises should be used for academic purposes only.
- Online chatting, browsing of social networking sites is strictly prohibited.
- Users must carry their identity card while using the Cyber Library. They must show their ID card on demand.
- Changing the settings and display of the computers kept in the Library is not permitted.
- Readers should not remove/unplug computer cables/connections, network cables and other peripherals/accessories in the library