Dr. Miriam Mani
- B.Sc., Kerala University, 1986
- M.Sc., Kerala University, 1989
- Ph.D., Mahatma Gandhi University, 2005
- PG Diploma In Applied Nutrition &Dietetics, Madurai Kamaraj University, 1987
Area of Specialization
- Extension Education
- Nutrition & Dietetics
Research work was based on the impact of ICDS with regard to the intellectual, Social & Physical Development of pre-schoolers. It was dealt with assessing the above-mentioned abilities and relating them with the services provided by ICDS.
Another area is on the Lacto fermentation of vegetables, which have the capacity to nurture the gut flora with beneficial bacteria. Fermentation of fruits is also another focus of research. With their ability to improve nutritive value and bioavailability, they have a significant role in meeting the nutritional requirements of a large proportion of the world’s population.
- HS3BO3U & HS3BO3U (P) HUMAN DEVELOPMENT & FAMILY INTERACTIONS
- HS4BO4U & HS4BO4U (P) GENERAL PSYCHOLOGY
- HS5BO7U& HS5BO7U (P) TEXTILE SCIENCE
- HS5DO1U3 NUTRITION FOR WELLNESS
- HS5BO8U &HS5BO8U (P) DYNAMICS OF EXTENSION
- HS6BO11U & HS6BO11U (P) FASHION DESIGNING & APPAREL PRODUCTION
- HS6BO12U & HS6BO12U (P) MASS COMMUNICATION & JOURNALISM
- HS6BO13U& HS6BO13U (P) FOOD QUALITY ASSURANCE
Mani, m.; and Roy, A.; Lacto fermentation of Kovai and conducting awareness programme. Proceedings of the UGC sponsored National Seminar.2012.