Dr. Jagadeesh K.
- BSc., University of Calicut, 2010
- MSc., MG University, 2012
- PhD.,CSIR-NIIST Thiruvananthapuram, 2018
- Post-doc, Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
Area of Specialization
- Development of novel synthetic methods
- Multicomponent Reactions
- Catalysis using clay based metal nano hybrids
- AP2C06 Organic Reaction Mechanism
- AN2C06 Organic Reaction Mechanism
- CH2C06 Organic Reaction Mechanism
- CH4E02 Advanced organic chemistry
- Metal-Free Synthesis of Benzothienobenzofuran: Annulation of Electrophilic Benzothiophenes with Phenols. Krishnan R, A.; Babu, S.; Nitha, P. R.; Krishnan, J.; John, J. Org. Lett. 2021, 23, 1814.
- Base-Enabled Access to Spirofuran Oxindoles and γ-Functionalized Allenoates. Basavaraja, Krishna, A. M. S.; Krishnan, J.; Athira, C. S.; Amrutha, R. R.; Jesmina A. S,; Kumar, D. B. S.; Suresh, E.; Somappa, S. B. Chem. Commun., 2021,57, 1746.
- Exploiting the homoenolate annulated products towards the synthesis of indole embedded derivatives. Atheena, G. S.; Krishnan, J.; Suresh, E.; Paul, R. R. Asian Journal of Chemistry, 2021, 33, 319.
- N-Heterocyclic Carbene Catalysis Exploiting Oxidative Imine Umpolung for the Generation of Imidoyl Azoliums. Das, T. K.; Madica, K.; Krishnan, J.; Marelli, U. K.; Biju, A.T. J. Org. Chem. 2020, 85, 5114.
- Facile Diastereoselective Synthesis of Highly Substituted Alkylene-oxetanes from 3-Alkyl Allenoates and Diaryl 1,2-Diones/α-Ketoamides Mediated by DBU Krishnan, J.; Mayadevi, T. S.; Nair, V. Eur. J. Org. Chem. 2019, 1557.
- An Uncommon Multicomponent Reaction Involving Nucleophilic Heterocyclic Carbenes: Facile Synthesis of Fully Substituted Cyclopentanones. Krishnan, J.; Jose, A.; Sasidhar, B. S.; Suresh, E.; Menon, R. S.; Nair, V.; Org. Chem. Front., 2018, 5 ,1202.
- NHC-Mediated Synthesis of Pyrrolo[2,1-a]isoquinolines and Their Photophysical Investigations. Krishnan, J.; Vedhanarayanan, B.; Sasidhar, B. S.; Varughese, S.; Nair, V. Chem. Asian J. 2017, 12, 623.
- Sequential NHC-Catalyzed Reaction of Enals and Cyclic Aryldiene-1,3-Diones: Synthesis of Tricyclic Chromenones and Related Compounds. Krishnan, J.; Mathew, S.; Anjana Jayaprakash, P.; Sasidhar, B.S.; Mayadevi, T. S.; Suresh, E.; Nair, V. Asian J. Org. Chem. 2016, 5, 1447.
- Synthesis of Cyclopentachromans by N-Heterocyclic Carbene Mediated Homoenolate Annulation of Chroman-3-ene-4-ones. Krishnan, J.; Sinu, C. R.; Anusree, M; Seetha Lakshmi, K. C.; Mayadevi, T. S.; Suresh, E.; Nair, V. Asian J. Org. Chem. 2016, 5, 778.
- Expedient Synthesis of Tricyclic Benzopyran-2-ones via N-Heterocyclic Carbene Catalysed Annulation of Enals to ɑ-methylene Cycloalkanones. D.V.M. Padmaja.; Sinu, C.R.; Krishnan, J.; Paul, R. R.; Varughese, S.; Seetha Lakshmi, K. C.; Nair, V. Tetrahedron. 2015, 71, 9022.
- N-Heterocyclic Carbene Catalyzed Annulation of Enals to Aurone Analogs: Synthesis of Cyclopentene-Fused Spirobenzofuran-3-ones. Seetha Lakshmi, K. C; Krishnan, J.; Sinu, C. R.; Varughese, S.; Nair, V. Org. Lett. 2014, 16, 6374.
- A Novel Protocol Involving Huisgen Zwitterions for the Synthesis of Bispyrazolines and Highly Functionalised Pyrazolines. Krishnan, J.; Paul, R. R (Communicated)
- N-Heterocyclic Carbene (NHC)-mediated Generation and Reactions of Homoenolates. Nair, V.; Menon, R.S.; Krishnan, J. Book chapter, Wiley VCH 2018, Chapter 4, Editor: A. T. Biju. Wiley-VCH, 2019, ISBN: 978-3-527-34310-2, Pages 95-133.
- ‘A short and cost-effective synthetic route towards anti viral EIDD-1931 and its hydrate polymorphs’ Jubi John, Sunil Varughese, K. V. Radhakrishnan, A. Ajayaghosh, Jagadeesh Krishnan, Divya I. S., Abhijith B., Akhil K. R., Priya S., (Submitted to IPO, Application No. 202111047808, dated: 20/10/2021).
Contributions to the Academic Conferences (Poster/Oral Presentations)
- Efficient Synthesis of Tricyclic Benzopyran-2-ones and Tricyclic Cyclopentenes via N-Heterocyclic Carbene Catalyzed Homoenolate Annulation. Jagadeesh Krishnan; Vijay Nair. International Conference on Nascent Developments in Chemical Sciences; BITS Pilani, Rajastan, October-2015, Poster # 082 (Won the best poster award Sponsored by Indian Society of Chemists & Biologists (ISCB), Lucknow).
- N-Heterocyclic Carbene Catalyzed Homoenolate Annulation of α-methylene cycloalkanones and Chroman-3-ene-4-ones for the synthesis of Tricyclic Benzopyran-2-ones and Tricyclic Cyclopentenes. Jagadeesh Krishnan; Vijay Nair. CTDDR-2016, CSIR-CDRI, Lucknow, Uttarpradesh February 2016, Poster # 172.
- Sequential NHC-Catalyzed Reaction of Enals and Cyclic Aryldiene-1,3-diones:Synthesis of Tricyclic Chromenones and Related Compounds. Jagadeesh Krishnan. Prof. R. H Sahasrabudhey Birth Centenary Symposium (CYHOC-2017), Thiruvananthapuram, December 2017, Oral Presentation.
- N-Heterocyclic Carbene as a versatile tool for Organocatalysis and MCR. Jagadeesh Krishnan, Vijay Nair. 22nd CRSI National Symposium in Chemistry, Pt. Ravishankar Shukla University, Raipur, Chhattisgarh, February 2018, Poster #32.
- An Uncommon Multicomponent Reaction Involving Nuclephilic Heterocyclic Carbebenes: Facile Synthesis of fully substituted cyclopentanones. Jagadeesh Krisnan. 30th Kerala Science Congress, Govt. Brennen College, Thalassery, January 2018, Oral Presentation # 03-11.
Academic distinctions/ Awards won
- Awarded consolation prize in phase-I of Drug Discovery Hackathon 2020 conducted by
Government of India.
- Won the best poster award sponsored by Indian Society of Chemists & Biologists (ISCB), Lucknow for International Conference on Nascent Developments in Chemical Sciences; BITS Pilani, Rajastan, October-2015.
- Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) University Grants Commission, India, 2016 August.
- Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and National Eligibility Test (NET) for College Lecturer with All India Rank 68, University Grants Commission, India, 2013 December.
- Selected for KSCSTE research fellowship 2013 awarded by Kerala State Council for Science Technology and Environment.
- Qualified GATE, Chemistry