Dr. Arun Kumar K V
Education: B.Sc., Calicut University, 2001
M.Sc., Kerala University, 2003
B. Ed., Calicut University, 2004
Ph.D., MG University, 2013
Post Doctroral, CSIR-NIIST Trivandrum,2014
Area of Specialization: Sol-Gel Glass, Sol-G el ceramics, Nano Materials
Awards & Recognition:
- UGC- Kothari Post doctoral fellowship( Awarded December 2014 )
- CSIR-Research Associateship- Emeritus Scientist Scheme of Dr KGK Warrier (2013 - 2014).
- UGC-BSR-Research Fellowships in Sciences for Meritorious Students, (2009 - 2013).
- Mahatma Gandhi University Junior Research Fellowship, (2007 - 2009)
- Naval Physical Oceanographic Laboratory Sponsored Project Fellowship, (2006 - 2007)
I have research experience in the field of PZT based ceramic materials; my work includes tape casting for making thick multilayer films, fabrication and characterization of pizeo electric actuators and FT actuators. During my Ph D period I got expertise in the field of rare earth/metal doped SiO2-TiO2 based sol-gel glassy materials. My work mainly focused on the sol-gel synthesis, structural studies, nano-material characterization, plasmonic studies, spectroscopic and dielectric characterization of rare earth/metal doped glasses. Also I have associated in the field of low thermal conductivity ceramic composite materials. I worked on Synthesis and characterizations of LaPO4 based ceramic nano composite materials, ceramic coatings on metallic surface and study the thermal and structural features.
PH4C11 ATOMIC AND MOLECULAR PHYSICS
PH4B01U Electricity and Electrodynamics
MT4C01U Physical Optics, Laser Physics and Astrophysics
- Arun Kumar K V, Jini John, T.R. Sooraj, Shedhal Anu Raj, N.V. Unnikrishnan, Nivas Babu Selvaraj, Applied Surface Science (2018), https://doi.org/10.1016/j.
- R. Seema, R. Aiswarya, V. R. Vineetha, American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings 1849, 020017 (2017)
- Prathibha Vasudevan, Sunil Thomas, Arun Kumar K V, Karthika S and Unnikrishnan N V, IOP Conf. Series: Materials Science and Engineering 73 (2015) 012015
- Arun Kumar K V, Sajna M S, Vinoy Thomas, Cyriac Joseph, Unnikrishnan N V, Plasmonics 9 (2014)631
- Arun Kumar K V, Sunil Thomas, Ann mary K A, Cyriac Joseph, Biju P R, Unnikrishnan N V, American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings 1576(2014)209
- Arun Kumar K V, Revathy K P, Prathibha Vasudevan , Sunil Thomas, Biju P R, Unnikrishnan N V, Journal of Rare earths 31(2013)441.
- Arun Kumar K V, Sunil Thomas, Manju Gopinath, Biju P R, Unnikrishnan N V, Journal of Material Science-Materials in electronics 24(2013)1727.
- Prathibha Vasudevan, Arun Kumar K V, Sunil Thomas, Biju P R, Unnikrishnan N V, American Institute of Physics Conference Proceedings 1391(2011)661.
- Arun Kumar K V, Rani N. Panicker, K G Vasanthakumari, Satheesh Mathew, Raghu N , Unnikrishnan N V, International Journal of Applied Ceramic Technology, 7(2010)902.
- Jyothy P V, Arun Kumar K V, Karthika S, Rajesh R, Unnikrishnan N V, Journal of Alloys and Compounds, 493(2010) 223.
- Siby Mathew,Arun Kumar K V, Sudarsanakumar C,. Nampoori, VPN. Unnikrishnan N V, Canadian Journal of Physics 88 (2010) 493.
- Toney T. Fernandez, Gin Jose, Michael Ward, Arun Kumar K V, Unnikrishnan N V, Journal of Applied Physics 043513(2009)105.
Investigations on the densification behaviour and mircostructural features of spray granulated lanthanum phosphate ceramics, National Conference on Materials Science And Technology (NCMST-2014), Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram
Synthesis and characterization of LaPO4 based composite materials for functional applications, Second International Conference on Advanced Functional Materials, ICAFM 2014. National Institute for Interdisciplinary Science and Technology, Thiruvananthapuram.
Dielectric and ac conductivity studies of ZnO/Eu3+ : titanosilicate matrix, Second International Conference on Optoelectronic Materials and Thin films for Advanced Technology, OMTAT 2013 Cochin University of Science and Technology. Kochi.
Nanocrystallization of TiO2 in PVP matrix and its structural characterisations, Cochin
Nano 2011,Third International Conference on Frontiers in Nano Science and Technology, Cochin University of Science and Technology. Kochi
RGB Emission From RE Ions Doped Titania /PVP Hybrid Matrix, Optics 11, International Conference, National Institute of Technology, Calicut.
Optical and Z-Scan studies of CdS/Tb3+/Eu3+ doped silica matrix, National Laser Symposium (NLS-9), Baba Atomic Research Centre (BARC), Mumbai
Novel self-cleaning displays by sol-gel process, International Workshop on The Physics of Semiconductor Device(IWPSD-2009), Solid State Physics Laboratory & Jamia Miliia Islamia, New Delhi
Z-scan Analysis of MB/BTB Doped PMMA Matrices, National Seminar on Photonic Materials (NSPM-2009), University of Kerala, Thiruvananthapuram.
A Multifunctional sol-Gel thin Films for self cleaning displays, Kerala Science Congress 2009, Kollam.
RGB emission from CdS nanocrystallites/Tb3+/Eu3+ doped silica gel, International Conference on Frontiers in Nano Science and Technology (Cochin Nano 2009), Cochin University of Science and Technology. Kochi.
Optical and dielectric studies of Tb3+/CdS nano particals doped silica xerogels, National Conference on Advanced Materials Devices and Technologies, Sri Venkateswara University , Tirupathi, AP
Development and characterization of a flex tensional actuator, National Conference on Smart Electro Ceramics (NCSE-2007),C-MET-Thrissur.