The NCC (National Cadet Corps) aims to develop character, comradeship, discipline and a secular outlook in the hearts of students.
We the cadets of the National Cadet Corps, do solemnly pledge that we shall always uphold the unity of India. We resolve to be disciplined and responsible citizens of our nation. We shall undertake positive community service in the spirit of selflessness and concern for our fellow beings.
Unity and Discipline
OVERVIEW WITH RESPECT TO COLLEGE UNIT
NCC CMS COLLEGE UNIT functions under the 16 Kerala Battalion of the Indian Army wing. The unit has strength of 107 cadets. Selected cadets from the unit attend the Republic Day Camp, Kerala Trekking Camp, Annual Training camp Tal sainik camp, National Integration Camps and Pre- IGC (Inter Group Competitions) Camps. A girls’ wing was launched in 2004, which has grown to the present strength of 36 cadets. As part of Institutional social responsibility, orphanage visits, Anti-Drug cycle rallies and awareness programmes are carried out regularly. Ditto Prasad of Department of English is the NCC officer in charge of the unit. The parade practice is scheduled on Saturdays 8.30 to 12.30.
- Mr. Ditto Prasad (English)
- Mrs. Maneesha George (Statistics)
ENROLMENT PROCESS OF STUDENTS AS NCC CADETS
- Citizen of India.
- Bearing good moral character.
- Enrolled in the CMS COLLEGE KOTTAYAM.
- Meets the prescribed medical standards. (Girls- Minimum 152 cms, Boys- Minimum 157 cms)
- Age- Senior Division/Wing (Boys/Girls) – Upto 26 years
- Enrolment Period
- Senior Division/Wing (Boys/Girls) – 3 years
- Cadets who have secured ´B´ certificates from school would be given priority.
- After an initial call for enrollment either via google form or application(hard-copy) form, selected cadets will have to attend a personal interview, GK quiz and a physical examination conducted by the 16 Kerala Battalion Army Staff. The selected students will be enrolled as cadets and later will be prompted to ranks of Sergeants, Under-Officers and Senior Under- Officer.